We hear every day that drinking green tea is healthy for our bodies.
Tea drinking has always been associated with being healthy but in recent years green tea has been investigated and scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits. Green tea is also an important ingredient in many weight loss tea brands.
After reading about all the amazing health benefits of green tea, I'm sure you will enjoy even more your next healing cup of green tea!
Green Tea has a high content of flavonoids and this is what adds to antioxidants. The antioxidants in green tea have been found to block the biochemical process that gives you an allergic response to things such as pollen dust and pet dander.
Have you heard about food ingredients called catechins. Green tea is the best source for them. Tests show that they have disease fighting properties because testing shows they can be just as or even better than vitamin C and vitamin E in stopping damage to cells due to oxidation.
What is the Best Brand of Green Tea?
There are many good brands of green tea available but there is one brand that stands out and it has been rated 4.5 stars on Amazon by thousands of users.
Numi offers premium loose leaf quality tea. Within hours of being plucked, this whole leaf organic green tea is gently steamed and then rolled into small tight pearls. When steeped, the leaves unfurl, releasing a well-rounded, full-bodied flavour.
This tea is 100% USDA certified organic and Numi is a social enterprise, non-GMO project verified, vegan, gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, and uses post-consumer, recyclable and biodegradable sustainable packaging.
If you are after a great-tasting green tea produced by socially-responsible company you can order it here.
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Green Tea?
- Green tea has been shown to reduce your risk of some cancers including bladder cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer and even breast cancer. This does not mean that tea is a miracle cure. While it does help to keep your body healthy do not rely just on tea. The research is mixed on whether or not she helps against all types of cancers however more studies suggest that it does than it doesn't.
- Additionally drinking green tea has benefits because it helps reducing risk for heart disease. Drinking green tea reduces hypertension in those consuming it daily as compared to those who did not drink green tea. There is also a possible connection between cardiovascular disease and drinking green tea.
- Researchers have found that people have a lower risk of death from a heart attack or stroke if they drink more than five cups of green tea a day. Green tea has also been shown to notably lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Even though tea contains caffeine it is still hydrating to the body. It has been connected with lowering the risk of Parkinson's disease. The compounds that green tea contains that may help reduce inflammation. People with inflammatory diseases such as arthritis had less symptoms compared with those who do not drink green tea.
- The gum pockets in your mouth in the back of the tongue lacked oxygen and so bacteria thrive in these places. Bacteria in your mouth are the cause of bad breath and according to researchers compounds found in green tea can stop the growth of that bacteria.
- As a backup to sunscreen green tea provides protection from ultraviolet rays. This helps boost the anti-aging process. Who couldn’t use that?
- Studies suggest that green tea help our body better process sugars. This could be of benefit to people with diabetes. Drinking green tea has also been linked with improving bone mineral density and strength.
There is one variation of green tea that deserves a special mention. Say hello to matcha green tea!
Matcha green tea contains more than 10 to 15 times the overall nutrients when compared to the traditional green, white or black tea, as well as when compared to popular fruits and vegetables.
Matcha, which literally means “powdered tea”, has been around for almost a thousand years?
These 100 percent natural and organic green tea leaves were used by ancient Japanese as part of their tea ceremony while the Buddhist monks drunk matcha to keep them alert and focused during long days of meditation.
- Green tea contains polyphenols. Polyphenols are what helps the brain regulate learning and memory. Some degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's may be helped with drinking green tea. Although keep in mind that a show that these help with these types of diseases they do not cure these type of disease. There are many factors involved.
- Green tea contains feel-good chemicals and so people who drink several cups of green tea a day do not suffer from depression as much as those who do not drink tea. Studies show that elderly women aged 70 or older who drank green tea were almost 50% less likely to have depression.
- For those who favour natural medicine, a cream can be made from baked green tea leaves. This cream has been shown to be an effective treatment for some types of acne. Rosacea is a common skin condition. Using this green tea cream can control the symptoms or even prevent the condition from getting worse. Many people use this green tea cream for all around good skin care treatment.
- The antioxidants in green tea can be absorbed into the tissues of the eye. This may help to protect your eyes from glaucoma. This results in better eye health.
- Drinking green tea could boost your immune system against infection. A study at the Harvard Medical School showed that tea drinkers reacted against bacteria in the immune system 5 times better than those who drank coffee.
- In Egypt many scientists are concerned about resistant superbugs. Their study showed that green tea enhances antibiotics bacteria killing activity. Since these superbugs are becoming a concern to all nations perhaps more studies should be conducted in showing how green tea could help fight them.
- And of course green tea has been shown to help with weight loss. The flavonoids in green tea may change the speed in which the body burns calories. Research showed those who drank 3 cups of green tea a day lost twice as much weight as those who did not drink it.
The evidence shows that green tea appears to speed up calorie burning. This is great news for those of us who would like to burn extra calories including fat calories.
Green tea is an ingredient in almost all brands of best detox teas.
Se what Dr Oz said about the benefits of green tea.
Since drinking three cups a day of green tea a day is healthy for you and brings all these added benefits, what can you do if you don't like drinking tea at all? Especially in the summer is hot a tea a turn off. You can drink the tea cold but ice can dilute the teas causing it to be less effective and you would actually have to consume more.
If you don't like drinking tea there are other ways you can get green tea into your diet. Different types of green tea can be used for different types of cooking. Do research on which green teas are used for what type of foods. This is just a general idea of what they can be used for. Green teas are different.
Green tea can be put in such things as ice cream or sprinkled over a bar of chocolate. Other types of green tea can be chopped and combined with other spices that you use to cold meat such as chicken or steak before you cook it. You can also use a multivitamin that contains green tea extract.
Pellet shaped green tea can be added to the broth in vegetable based soup or even chopped and added to greens such as mustard greens or spinach.
Some popular green teas in Japan are even put into the dough batter for muffins and cookies. Green tea can be added to marinate for shellfish. Add steeped green teas over brown rice or roasted vegetables.
Since we are always hearing about another study confirming the benefits of drinking green tea, it could be the time to start incorporating green tea into our diet.