Would You like to Contribute to Our Blog?
We will publish selected high quality posts from our growing community. Here's what you need to know:
LeanHealthyandWise is a fast growing site that is a source of health and lifestyle related news and articles as well as fitness and nutrition tips.
We offer a limited number of opportunities for writers and bloggers to share their experience and expertise through contributed content on a wide variety of topics related to health, wellness and lifestyle. Please note that we only accept submission from established authors/bloggers with current and active social media profile(s).
We ask you to contribute original articles and not to submit content that has been previously published on another website including your own blog or that is plagiarised (or spun) from another site. We check every article and we do not publish DUPLICATE content.
We are particularly interested in articles from fitness experts, doctors, researchers and health care professionals, as well as knowledgeable and passionate bloggers.
What type of topics are we interested in? We prioritise publication of high quality health, nutrition, and fitness news. Topics may include:
- Health, fitness, nutrition, beauty, lifestyle advice. We endeavour to provide quality information, not just a different version of what is already there on the internet and all relevant articles must be scientifically correct. Please ensure that what you write about (applies to health articles) is backed by science and provide reference (source) where appropriate.
- Workout topics such as crossfit, tabata training, kettlebell exercises, running, etc.
- Health tips relating to men's health, women's health issues, children and pregnancy.
- Recipes for healthy meals and beverages including juices and smoothies.
- Information and critiques about diet trends, low glycemic diet, paleo diet etc.
- Lifestyle related topics of interest to modern families (money, her business, technology etc.)
- How-to articles, tips, benefits, case studies, hacks, lists (e.g. top 10 …).
- We don't promote weight loss programs that are NOT based on science, cancer cures and any related wonder drugs, pills or fads.
- We DO NOT publish promotional content (i.e. press releases for your company), content unrelated to our niche, or boring content that’s written to get a backlink to your site. If you are a health professional (doctor/dentist/natural) please make sure your article is informative, NOT a sales pitch for your clinic. You can state what you do and link to your clinic in the bio.
- We DO NOT publish articles if you link in the bio to a pharmacy, supplement company or an e-commerce site.
- Check out the categories on our site and have a look at the articles to see the broad areas of interest. Make sure your topic has not already been covered.
- Please note, at this stage we don't publish infographics.
- We reserve the right to refuse content that is not a good “fit” for our blog and to edit the submitted articles.
How to Submit an Article? Submission Guidelines – Follow 10 Simple Rules
- We only accept submission from established authors/bloggers with current and active social media profiles (e.g. Google+, Facebook, Twitter etc.). Send us your full name and a sentence or two about you. If you represent a content farm, don't bother submitting an article.
- Make sure that your piece is informative, and/or educational. Use a great, unique title so the readers are attracted to the article. Offer actionable tips, be inspiring. Use a conversational tone when you write and stick to plain English.
- Article length should be a minimum of 800 words and no more that 1000 words. Correct grammar and spelling is a must. Please send your full post with a working title. Send this within the body of an email and NOT as an attached word document. Send one article at a time.
- If your article mentions specific research studies, please include relevant references and/or sources.
- Include any relevant links in brackets  both in your bio, and in the piece, e.g.[apple cider vinegar https://www.leanhealthyandwise.com/health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar] or [https://www.facebook.com/LeanHealthyandWise]. Please DO NOT hyperlink keywords ever!
- Our blog aims at featuring evidence-based information therefore if you make a health claim or mention a statistic in your article, please include a link to that source. If you're claiming that a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Ideally you'd link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more. We can't stress this enough – health claims must be referenced using scientific journals or reputable articles.
- Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we're more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website and social accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please DO NOT hyperlink to your blog articles in your article. We place your links in the bio.
- We will set up an author box at the end of your article, so please include a short bio (less than 130 words). Our blog is a great resource to promote what you're doing. Feel free to add one (e.g your website url) link to your blog/site in your bio. Please ensure that the format for the social profile links is as shown in the examples:
– Google+ format: https://plus.google.com/yourname/posts
– Twitter format: https://twitter.com/username
– Facebook format: https://www.facebook.com/yourname
– Pinterest format: https://www.pinterest.com/username/
- Please remember to include a good quality image in your post. Make sure that the image is either owned by you or it comes from free-to-use sites (e.g. Wikimedia Commons) and ensure the attribution to the image source is included with your post. If you don't send us an image we will provide one. Send any relevant image(s) as separate files, (not pasted within a doc) and make sure that the image(s) is/are high quality. Photos work best on our website in landscape format and the main photo should be at least 679 pixels wide.
- Provide a headshot or photo of you to use for your bio. We don't publish articles by anonymous authors.
>>> Please send all of the above to [email protected]
Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming number of requests that we receive, we can no longer reply individually to all contributors with answers to questions such as: when your post will be published or if it’s been accepted. We read and consider all articles and if your article is accepted, you will hear from us in not more than 14 days.
If your article was not published, it is for one of three common reasons: duplicate content, poor writing skills, or most often, simply you did not follow our submission guidelines.
- We appreciate if you respond to questions in the comment section of the post.
- Ensure that you write about an INTERESTING topic and provide ORIGINAL information.
- Use positive, conversational style of writing. Take a look around and see what we've previously posted.
- Once your post goes live, please share with your readers via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. Writing for our site can be a great way for you to gain exposure, increase your online presence. Articles published on our site will help you gain exposure from our regular readers as well as our regular social media promotion.
- Once your article has been published, we retain the ownership of the article but we will always attribute you as the article author. We also reserve the right to edit the article you submit.
We look forward to you your contribution.